The Parent Liaison position was designed with you, the parent, in mind. Parent Liaisons are parents of children with disabilities who have experienced the Early Intervention System, and can help you.
Services may include:
- Providing you with specific information about your child’s diagnosis/concerns.
- Assisting you, your Service Coordinator and Service Providers in locating and providing information about services and resources in Early ntervention.
- Connecting you with other parents with similar concerns.
- Providing you with information about the transition from Early Intervention services to a school or community program when your child turns 3 years old, or other transitions you and your child may experience.
- Attending IFSP meetings, support group meetings, and other meetings that might be appropriate for your family.
- Being a listener on those days when you just need to talk to someone who has had similar circumstances.
“I was glad the Parent Liaison as here to help explain things.”
– Jennifer, parent — Loves Park, Illinois
“Having the Parent Liaison at meetings was great.
It was good to know someone there was“on our side”.
– Jamilyn, parent — Stickney, Illinois